Raise a barn. Raise a family. Raise the standards of design.
Just to get it out of the way, not everyone at FUEL lives on a farm. But we all live in an area with a low cost of living, wonderful schools and the cultural draws of a major university a short drive away. Since we opened up shop 15 years ago, our team has consistently delivered world-class work you’d expect from design agencies in the big city. But from the comfort of a smaller Midwestern town. Iowa is not for everyone. But it may be perfect for you.
If you have eight years of design agency experience, but you’re ready for more balance in your life without sacrificing your craft, send a link to your work or a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org and introduce yourself.
Our designers are central to the brand development needs of our clients. We are looking for a creative and strategic thinker with the ability to solve communication/business challenges.
- Work directly with clients to understand the needs and objectives of a project.
- Lead and develop design projects from initiation to completion. You will be expected to work on all aspects of the project life cycle - primary research, brainstorm, concept, layout, color correction / retouch, producing final press or web-ready artwork, etc.
- Manage external partners (writers, developers, printers, and other creative partners and production vendors) to ensure effective top-notch execution while keeping projects on or under budget.
- Plan, estimate and manage time accurately and independently.
- Work across different channels / mediums; identity, print, packaging, web and digital media.
- Minimum of 8 years direct experience, working full-time as a designer that has been working on a collaborative team, developing and managing projects from end to end.
- BA / BFA or higher in graphic design or comparable field.
- Portfolio demonstrating consistent track record of advanced brand identity development through multiple channels over a range of clients.
- Demonstrated process development on current and past projects from thumbnail to completed concept.
- A proven track record as a strategic thinker with a holistic approach to branding.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills - working directly with clients and the design team on a daily basis.
- Confidence in your instincts / abilities, but at the same time receptiveness to input from clients and other team members.
- Is design conscious, demonstrating an understanding of fundamental design principles and brand identity and an appreciation for the craft.
- Demonstrated competency in at least two of the following additional skills - copywriting, adwriting, motion design or art direction.
Please send a resume, a brief paragraph about your professional goals and dreams, and a PDF of your portfolio or a link to your work online. Address all correspondence to email@example.com.